Monday, October 1, 2007

Britney Spears loses custody of her kids today


NBC10 is reporting that Britney Spears lost custody of her kids today, and Kevin Federline will now have sole custody. This story makes me sad. She is young and has made mistakes and unfortunately her kids are caught in the middle of this. She is the same age as one of my daughters.

I don't understand why the people who surround her haven't intervened and helped her turns things around - they obviously do not have her best interests at heart, otherwise they would have. Normally I could care less about what celebrities are doing, but for some reason her stories catch my eye.

This will haunt her for the rest of her life and I have to assume her career is over, at least for the short-term future (some would argue it was over after the VMA's anyway). If she can turn things around and develop some maturity, perhaps she can regain her life later. But she will now always be known for this, and her kids will eventually know. That's the worst part, I think.

2 comments:

Constance said...

Good Monday evening to you, Mrs. Grim.

You are very tolerant of her... It's hard for me to see someone who thinks they are old enough and responsible enough to have children -- and then goes about acting so thoughtlessly...
I hope this sobers her up, and she really works at getting her life back on the right track.

Thank gooness that the kids are little, and hopefully won't remember this... And then when they grwo up, hopefully she will be hands-on and attentive enough that they won't hold it against her.

Loving Annie

USA_Admiral said...

What a train wreck for all involved.

Powered By Blogger