Thursday, December 20, 2007
I'm so excited, RT tagged me for a Meme and it's my first one!
1. Wrapping or gift bags? This year, it is wrapping, I decided. I have the time, so rather than just quickly drop something in a bag, I thought I would wrap everything. I bought some nice bows and stuff.
2. Real or artificial tree? Real, I like the aroma. Although when I see the prices each year, I wish I had an artificial one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually three weeks before Christmas, because I like to enjoy it for a while.
4. When do you take the tree down? End of the first week of January usually.
5. Do you like egg nog? Gag; no! (I'm with RT on this one!) Why put the booze in a thick creamy substance? I prefer hot cider that's been heated with cinnamon sticks and slices of oranges in it. And it makes the house smell great.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Wow, that's a tough one. For years I wanted a pottery wheel, and never got it. Then I finally did and it was a letdown, cuz it kind of sucked. I guess it would be a doll I had could walk when I held its hand. That was pretty cool.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes, it is on top of the entertainment center in the living room. I don't put Baby Jesus in til Christmas Eve. I guess technically, the three Wise Men should be in another room since they haven't gotten there yet either.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Maybe that pottery wheel, just for the disappointment factor. Or maybe the year my ex-husband shopped for me at the dollar store at the last possible minute and didn't think I'd be able to tell.
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail, we sent about a hundred this year. I don't have addresses for all of you folks or I would have included you as well. No email usually.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a toss-up. I love A Christmas Story, but I also love the Muppets Christmas Carol, with Michael Caine as Scrooge. That one is edging into first place.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? We try to keep our eyes out for things during the year, so I would say sometimes we've started as early as the summer. Then we put them in a bin in the attic to store them. But the bulk is done in December.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Gosh, another hard one. Snickerdoodles for the cookie choice, my mother made them every year forever. My brother does the baking now. And candy canes, for the candy choice.
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Both, I put clear lights all around the center of the tree, and the colored lights around the outside. It gives the tree kind of an inner glow. No blinkers this year on the tree, we must have got the lights mixed up because we ended up with blinkers outside on the front bushes.
14. Favorite Christmas song? "O Holy Night"
I tag SoHoS, USA Admiral and Jeffro (if he's up to it!). Merry Christmas!
- ► 2008 (65)
- ▼ December (10)