Here are my top pet peeves:
- Bad Drivers, namely:
*Those who won’t turn on red;
*Those who pull out two feet in front of me - I drive a LARGE Chevy Uplander, I am not invisible; and *Tailgaters , who force me to drive even more s-l-o-w-l-y (right, Grimjack?).
- Bad service in good restaurants
- Bad service at bad restaurants., For example, Drive-thru cashiers who think I care about what food THEY like. We have one of these at the McDonalds near us. For some reason, she feels compelled to tell me why she does or doesn’t like something I’ve ordered. Last night’s Chat Du Jour – iced tea and why she doesn’t drink it unsweetened. Meanwhile, Little Grim is in the back saying “Hey, I want my Chicken Nuggets, Mama.”, and there are 10 cars backed up in the drive-thru behind me.
- Customer service lines that have been outsourced to India.
- Our Indian next door neighbor – I am NOT racist, he is just an a$$hole. Hopefully Grimjack won’t end up killing him….
- The cops who didn’t arrest the Indian neighbor…story for another time.
- The ‘Greeter’ at K-Mart that was missing most of her teeth. Seriously. That isn’t really even a pet peeve, it just freaked me out. They obviously need a dental plan.
- A Dog who occasionally pees on my rugs and other places when she gets really mad. Oh, and a dog who chews the noses and ears off of Little Grim’s stuffed animals. Not quite sure how she manages that.
- An over abundance of cute Girl Scouts selling cookies in public places during Girl Scout cookie-selling season. Hey, I love Thin Mints, but if I bought a box every time I passed someone selling them, I’d weigh 400 pounds. I already need to hit the BowFlex and treadmill.
- Women who DO hit the BowFlex and Treadmill regularly…..Not really, that’s my jealousy talking – apparently consuming mass quantities of Gummy Bears, and Beer Bread and dip will not make me thinner. Sad but true.